Monday, April 22, 2013


The person that I admire on my fields is called Pierre Bordieu. He was a French sociologist, anthropologist and philosopher who was born on August first, in 1930.

Bordieu is one of the most famous sociologist in our times, because he reformulated the modern sociology. He decided to devote to sociology when he was in Argelia doing the military service. When he came back, published a lot of books about the society in Argelia.

His contribution on my field, social science, whit another perspective. He created an action theory, and he gave a lot of importance to cultural diversity and symbolical concept.

The strongest critique that people make to Bourdieu was that he had a vision deterministic of the reality.

I admired Bordieu because when I readed him, I believed what he said. I readed about him " The distinction" and "The sociologist trade", both are very interesting book and the and I think that he is one of the most intelligent person that I have to read. I would like, when I was older than now, understand the society like him, and who knows I could reformulate again the sociology.

No comments:

Post a Comment