Monday, May 13, 2013

Movie Review: BARAKA

Baraka is a visual documentary by Ron Frike. It's the first film to the trilogy Qatsi and was made in 1992.

The name of this film, "Baraka" means breath of life and that's just the sensation that I feel when I watch these film. This documentary show us, our different cultures and how humans are related to nature. It's difficult make an abstract about this film, because there are just images connecting with a background music.

This film don't have special effects or superstar actors, but it's a very good documentary, because it shows with non-words the human activity and give you a message about a social critic.

Baraka makes a simile and also a divergence with the civilized world, represented by Tokyo, and the uncivilized cultures, like cultures in the Tibet. We can see a stronger and violet contrast in the form of life who has these cultures, like our planet was completely divide in two poles.

The soundtrack of Baraka is wonderful. I think that it gives the emotion in the precise moments. It's like the images and the music are only one thing that complete the sense of this documentary.

Finally, Baraka is an invitation to know magical  places that we never knows and they exist in our planet. It's an invitation to know more about another cultures and another spiritualism. And of course, Baraka is a visual reflection about what we, like humans, are doing with our planet know

So, I invite you to see this documentary, because when I watch it, I love it and ever when I watch it again, it surprised me with the images, the music, the colors, the form and I discover something new.

Here is the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AWvQekdrFUs






5 comments:

  1. I will wanna see this movie, I have heard of it. One time I intent see the movie but I was a lack of concentration and I prefer sleep.In this days I will see it. I promise
    goob dye sofie :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sofi! I don't see the movie, but I think that should be very good. I like so much when you say that the name of the film (breath of life)it made you feel exactly this sensation. I want see the movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm really looking forward to watching it!! jajajaja no..seriously i want to watch it! always is good to watch documentary and more that if contains social critic! see you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to watching it!! jajajaja no..seriously i want to watch it! always is good to watch documentary and more that if contains social critic! see you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sofi!
    really this movie, or documentary, is incredible... the quality of the image is simply spectacular.There is not necessary the words!!!

    ReplyDelete